Thursday, May 1, 2008

Anxious VS Excited


It has suddently occured to me that the "feelings" of anxiousness and excitement feel exactly the same. That tingly sensation in your stomach, feelings of fear, unsuredness. I also think that I get them confused at times. The feelings of "anxiousness" tends to creep in when I want to take control of a situation.....the feelings of "excitement" creep in when I allow God to control the situation. And, all too often, the anxious feelings tend to overule the excitement feelings.


So, that is what I am going to start practicing on.....rather than feel anxious about a situation....I am going to consciously practice realizing that the Holy Spirit is taking this situation and and bringing about the good. God can handle any and everything so much better than me. So why not be excited to see how He is going to solve the riddle, set things in motion, take care of a situation and be excited about it! (I have a feeling that I am going to contiually need a lot of practice on this!)

2 comments:

Hayley B said...

I have never thought of that aunt molly! How refreshing! I tend to let anxiety rule me, but I would prefer to be excited! Thank you so much for sharing that!

WildBill said...

Baby, thanks for sharing your thoughts and yourself.
Love, Bill