Monday, May 19, 2008

Screaming at the Pool


Ok - so Bill and I have been woken up more nights lately by a group of (what we think are) highschool kids that are coming to the apartment's pool between 2 - 4am! They are bringing glass bottles, girls screaming, gate banging!!! Errrrggghh! So Bill has talked to management (as well as others) to complain and to ask them to moniter the pool.

Yesterday we were out by the pool (this was a Sunday) along with a bunch of college kids in different groups....girls sunbathing together, a few guys chilling in the pool and another group clowning around. Then, this group of kids come (can't be sure its the same highschoolers) and they are hanging by the hot tub and start carting in bottled beer. I am on our cellphone talking to a friend when one of the girls drops a beer bottle and it breaks! I don't know - something just snapped and I told my caller to hold on and then across the pool (they are opposite me) I yell at them without EVEN thinking - "Hey! You aren't supposed to bring glass into the pool area....that is EXACTLY the reason why!!!!" A pin could drop - no one said a word - so I went back to talking on the cellphone.

Did I just do that? Sweet me who always tries to think of the right words in a conflict situation so that it comes out a win win for everyone? I tried not to think about what I just did and went back to talking on my cellphone. I do have to say, a couple of people came over to tell me thank you. Maybe I needed to be a mom out there for a moment. It made me think of Jesus when he went into the temple and got mad and just turned all the tables over! Did he feel bad afterward? HECK NO! So - I just meditated on that and layed it to rest.

You know....those kids haven't been back at night since that incidence. hmmm...

2 comments:

FreyBoys said...

Good for you!!!

Lauren Williams said...

aaaaahahahah! this is HILARIOUS!!!