Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Jazzercise - Would have been fun!

I remember when the exercise craze started to rock this world. Jane Fonda was the first that set this "aerobic" craze into motion. I had just had Will (1983) and wanted to get back into shape. I bought her exercise album that came with a little handbook. Yes, that's right - no video to follow along. I would wake up very early - put the album on and diligently work out with Jane Fonda. Nothing to watch - just to listen to....and I absolutely loved it.

Then came joining the aerobics class at the "Nautilus Center". Loved that as well. Hopping around, doing stretches, crunches, and sweating profusely. It took me just days to feel the result.


Yesterday I checked out a Jazzercise DVD from the library. Our door to our fitness center is broken and no one can get in. I love my fitness center...the elipitical, treadmill and TV. So, I thought I would try jazzercise. Something about dancing and sweating just attracts me. Yes, I have the yoga tape and pilates tape...but I was ready for some Salsa moves and a little hip action. So this morning I popped it in and made it about halfway through the tape before having to turn it off. Yes, I was sweating and yes, I kept imagining I looked like the picture to the right (until I glanced into the mirror on our wall and saw reality). But it was the pain in my knees that made me stop. All that jumping and bouncing played havoc on my joints.

I guess I've reached the age where I have to limit what type of exercise I can do (or even want to do). Weird....where once I could do just about anything and get results...now, its all about doing what I can ....for my health! LOL Back to pilates, yoga and the elliptical (whenever they fix the door!)

No comments: