Thursday, January 15, 2009

Who is that behind those Foster Grants?

Well - that is really not me.....but that is what the jeep looked like when I drove it this a.m. in 27 degree weather!!!!  I had to take my car to the shop this a.m. - Bill followed me in the jeep.  After dropping off the car - I took Bill to work and then drove back home in the jeep.

It was 27 degrees (I checked before we left) - I had on my long underwear (top and bottom) my chords, turtleneck & sweater, two pairs of socks, jacket with fleece liner, warm hat over my ears and warm scarf around my neck and leather gloves.  While driving - I also brought a blanket to wrap around my legs.  I am SURE we attracted a lot of stares - but I was wearing my 'Foster Grants' so no one would recognize me and pretend that this is the way we drove all the time!

I have to say - I was very comfortable except for my fingers - wrong gloves to wear I guess.  I didn't know if they were freezing or what!  Man they hurt - I kept moving my fingers - but it even hurt to move them.  As soon as I got home - I raced to the kitchen and stuck them under the water.  Then........at 8:00AM in the morning ......I made myself a bubble bath and crawled inside the tub for the final warm up.  (YES!  A bubble bath at 8:00AM! - and Yes!  I did feel decadent).

When I go back this afternoon to pick up the car.....I'll probably burn up - they are saying it should be about 47 degrees!

No comments: