Friday, January 23, 2009

My New Kroger

Today our new Kroger opened (down the street froms us). I was so excited to get a grocery store closer to where we lived. I needed jalapenos for "Friday Night Nacho Night" (tonight - wooo hoooo!) and timed it to run in on the day the store opened.

As I crossed the threshold into the new and improved Krogers - What should my wondering eyes and excited heart see - but a Kroger Paradise! Shushi bar, anti-pasta bar - soup bar - health products in abundance - bulk containers of stuff - appliances, cookware, dishes, books, food, wine, flowers. And you say - but a lot of nice grocery stores carry all that! Yes! I say back - BUT - this one is near my house!!!!!!!!!

I felt like a little girl looking around, giggling, eyes wide - feeling an overwhelming desire to skip through the store and twirl in my petticoat.

I kept saying to people - "Isn't this wonderful?" "Isn't this grand?" "Can you believe this?"
Oh my - I am a happy girl.

1 comment:

Lauren Williams said...

did i mention i got to see you skip and twirl in your petty coat over Christmas?!! John busted out some old videos! You were so cute! you look just the same!!