Saturday, January 26, 2008

Tastebuds Tired of Disappointment

Nutter Butter Creme Patties (a wafer type cookie by Nabisco) has been one of my many favorite indulgences for the past 20 years. This is a desert that I can only get every once in a while - because I tend to binge every time! Well, over the last couple of years - it seems that Nabisco has changed the ingredients......maybe to save on cost? I have been experiencing this in many itmes....things getting smaller (take the bagel for example) or tasting a slight change in ingredients. I commend companies for trying to save on cost. But when it came to my tastebud indulgences - I don't want to compromise the taste!

Last night I bought my last package of Nutter Butter Creme Patties....once again, I was disappointed in the taste. Bill asked me, "Then why did you eat so much of it?" LOL I guess I was hoping that with each new bite - I would once again experience that creamy peanut buttery taste I so loved. Not so. This morning I threw out the remaining cookie wafers and promptly sat down and wrote an email to Nabisco explaining my experience. Will they listen to me? Who knows.....I just felt better doing it. Someone needs to tell them!

Now - what to do to indulge my tastebuds. Well.....my next most favorite indulgence for tastebuds is Fruit Loops! Yes, I like to pour them in a bowl or glass and eat them dry. Again, I can't keep a box in the house - because I will tend to gorge....just can't control myself.

So, next time I feel the indulgence and am ready for the repurcussions of gorging.......I will turn towards Fruit Loops. Hopefully, they won't disappoint!

3 comments:

will said...

chocolate covered oreos

Sarah W said...

molly - i completely understand your dissappointment! Reese's peanut butter cups were my favorite treat growing up, and then they changed their delicious peanut butter filling recipe, and it has never been the same since. I'm glad you wrote a letter to Nabisco - let us know if they ever respond.

Lauren Williams said...

wow! yall must have really sensitive taste buds! i have a really poor sense so that may have something to do with it. i am the same way with honey nut cherios. i can go through a box in about 5 minutes flat.