Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Beauty and Pain - the sequel

As if the pain of pulling individual hairs from my legs wasn't enough.....I took my "Braun Silk-epil" a step further and thought I would try it on my armpits!! I read several reviews from girls that did just that. Some couldn't handle the pain and quit - others worked through the pain and are reaping the rewards. So - ever challenging that the experience seemed.....I gave it a go.

YOWZA!!!!!!!!!
BOY - Did that hurt! BUT - I was bound and determined to have smooth armpits that I didn't have to shave. Plus - the other rewards of having the hair grow back finer was so tempting.....I just HAD to work through it. If those other girls could do it - so could I!!!!
My mantra during this session became...."I've gone through the pain of braces, I've had two kids for crying out loud! Work through the pain....go to your happy place..... you CAN and WILL do this!"
By the end of the session - for both armpits....I felt that I had truly accomplished a tremendous feat. I was so proud of myself and the suffering I experience and conquered - I poured a glass of wine to celebrate after showing Bill BOTH smooth armpits for him to admire! And admire he did.....with a look of - Why!
Results:
True to the testimonies.......I worked on my armpits again yesterday (after several weeks of non-shaving) and I have to admit - it didn't hurt half as much this time around and the hairs were a little finer (or again, not as stubbly). It was still kind of painful - but ....something I easily worked through. Once again.....I get to experience several weeks of non-shaving of the armpits!!!! OOO La La........

2 comments:

Lauren Williams said...

WAY TO GO!!

will said...

mom, you should try wax. Seriously. 100% better. :)