Monday, June 2, 2008

My House IS My Mission Field

I was taking a walk this a.m. with God and He decided to answer an old question that I have been asking. That is "I so desire to have a place to call "Home", to feel that I belong and establish my roots. When and where will that finally happen?" Wow - and what an answer He revealed.

He said, "Molly, you have always been at home with me and your roots are established in the love of Christ. He is your vine that sustains you - and you, as the branch, shall bear much fruit. Molly, your mssion field IS your home."

I suddenly realized (through my Holy peep - gangsta for Holy Spirit) that I am CURRENTLY in my mission field....here in Denton. I may have a temporary or permanent lodging - but a Home in Christ. Bill and I have moved from city to city (or mission to mission) - to different fields of service - and it is so exciting to wonder where our next mission will take us.

For those so blessed to have a home that will be or has been permanent for years....to them and their mission field comes the blessings that they can give to those who have newly arrived in the area. The sense of welcome and belonging. Also, the relationships formed and deepened by being in the same place for extended periods of time....the support and encouragement that can be given to eachother, as well as the development of Christ's body in the area.

Thanks God for this long awaited answer of "Where is my home?"

3 comments:

FreyBoys said...

Molly that is so true. He is our HOME!! How beautiful!! There is a reason He places us where He does. It might take awhile to figure it out but you eventually do!!!

The Ice House said...

So true Molly! What a sweet word from the Lord!!

Hayley B said...

Molly that was absolutely a treat to read! You are impacting more lives than I am sure that you realize. I love you! and I love the picture too!