Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tagged by Hayley

Yeah! Thanks Haley - that looked so fun - I was about to tag myself as you did. So thank you! I feel like a member of Something!

10 Years ago...
We had just moved to Columbia, MO. We were renting a small home and I really didn't like it - no trees, just blah. The school was across the street - so that was cool for Jonathan (11yrs). Will (14 yrs) was in this school that a lot of rural kids went to and never did their homework. I wasn't working - and just had a hard time meeting anyone. This was a very difficult move for me. Took years before finding any friends. Plus - early 40's - you start to cross that bridge trying to accept that you just don't look that hot in a bikini anymore (at least for me).

Things on my to-do list today:
*Bible study - done
*Get a bathingsuit - done (for cruise - yeah!)
*Get black patent kitten heeled sandals - done (you got to love Payless!)
*Walk Kayla - done
*Cook dinner - coconut shrimp (Grammy's recipe) - in process
*Go to library - maybe when Bill comes home

What would I do if I became REALLY loaded: (actually I was thinking of this just the other day!)
*Give $10,000 to each of my nephews and neices (even to their spouses)
*Give $50,000 to each of my siblings and Jon and Will
*Take Grammy and Pop on a cruise to the Panama Canal
*Buy Bill a RangeRover - or Landrover (can't remember which he wants)
*Pay off all debt (of course)
*Give some away
*Laser the hair away on my body!

Three of my bad habits:
*Take conversations to a deeper level than some people want to.
*Pretzel talk (also called spider webbing - beat all around the bush before coming to the point)
*Try new projects...and not finishing.

Five jobs I have had:
*Draftsman at an engineering company - I was the only girl - and - the youngest one! Fun yet challenging - before sexual harrasment - I only stayed 9 months....but liked drafting.
*Executive Secretary at Peat, Marwick, Mithcell (big 8 account firm). I had never been a secretary before - and here I was an executive secretary to the partner-in-charge. I really enjoyed it.
*Nursing assistant on the graveyard shift at a hospital. Too tiring for me on that shift....but I loved drawing blood - and helping people to be more comfortable.
*Spec and Plan girl at University of Missouri - worked with the contractors...bidding jobs - progressed to Office Manager of dept. Loved being there.
*Women's Boutique co-owner. Was a wonderful experience... got some great clothes, traveled, met all sorts of people.

Five things people don't know about me:
*I have a tattoo
*I am very shy
*I like to feel my pulse in my wrist when I get bored or when I am listening to someone go on and on and on about something.
*I got the cartalage of my ear peirced - twice; got my belly button peirced - all have grown shut.
*I've been skydiving - would definitly do again.

Now I tag - Will Morgan!!!!!!!!!

No comments: